E - Ambassadors of the Calgary Rotary Challenger Park
Ambassadors of the Calgary Rotary Challenger Park
The Society Board of Directors, in concert with the Nominations Committee, will periodically approve the members of this group.
The Board may periodically nominate individuals, who will be referred to as “Ambassadors”, who are recognized in either the public or private sector and who support sports, recreation and wellness for people of all abilities.
The Board will adopt, and may change from time to time, criteria it will use in selecting individuals to be Ambassadors. Appended to this policy are the most recent criteria used.
2. Ambassadors will:
A. Be provided with a Membership in the Society.
B. Lend their name to the Society and provide credibility, profile and a connection to the greater Calgary community.
C. Allow their names to be listed in the Society’s newsletter, website and other related documents used for promotional purposes.
D. Receive an orientation/information package on the Society.
3. In fulfilling their roles the Ambassadors will:
– Provide linkages, if possible, for the Society directly or indirectly to high-level public and private sector representatives if called upon.
– Offer their talents, expertise and advice to the Society as requested.
– Represent the Society at special events and public events.
– Serve as a spokesperson for the Society if called upon.
– Attend, with their spouse/partner, an annual Board of Directors social function which will serve the following purposes:
Updating individuals on what has happened within the Society.
Inform individuals of what is planned and the challenges facing the Society.
Connect individuals to staff, board members and key stakeholders
The following individuals are official Ambassadors appointed by the Board:
Jim Burns Jr., Colin Cantlie, Gerry Darichuk, Walter Haessel, Lou McEachern, Donald Ross, Cal Schuler, Sheila Taylor, Mark Terrill, Jack Thompson, Myrna Dube-Thompson